Fulltone Fat Boost for more drive?

deluxe74

• Members

Right now I have my two main distortions comming from my deucetone Rat and I use my TS9DX for a solo boost (not for volume but for gain). Only problem is the noise. Both the pedals are RELETIVELY quiet, but together it hums pretty bad. Sooooo... What do you think I should replace my ts9dx with? I'm satisfied with the rat as my main distortion, but for soloing, I'm just want a pedal that will give me more gain to stack ontop of my rat. Maybe even some volume. I'm thinking this pedal sounds like a pretty damn good replacement. Whatcha think??:confused::confused:

• Members

Back off the gain and use the volume of the ts9 for solo's? It should lower the noise. More gain won't cut, but volume will. Having said that the Fatboost is nice. Keeley Katana's the ticket though!

• Members

The Fatboost does just that. It's fat, and it'll boost your guitar's signal. I like it because it doesn't thin out your sound the way a normal clean boost seems to when pushing your amp. I'd probably use it after your Rat to give your Rat more output to slam your amp with.

• Members

Back off the gain and use the volume of the ts9 for solo's? It should lower the noise. More gain won't cut, but volume will. Having said that the Fatboost is nice. Keeley Katana's the ticket though!

I don't necessarily want more volume, just more gain and sustain for solos.

• Members

If you're using the tube screamer in front of a dirt pedal, turning down the gain and turning up the volume won't necessarily add more volume. It'll just overdrive the pedal more and add some dirt. There may be a little extra volume, but decreasing gain and upping the volume will mostly just add more gain.

And the monte allums mod doesn't necessarily mean it has diodes removed. Removing the diodes drastically increases volume and lowers the available gain.

Archived