BG-95 Buddy Guy Wah from Dunlop

• Members

I thought I'd make a thread/review for this pedal and for the folks who may be thinking about it and doing a search, or wondering what its pros and cons are. And for those wishing to write love/hate remarks.

I've had it for a few months now, and to me, it's a very, very, VERY fine sounding wah, pretty unique to the Crybaby family.

Pros:

All in all, I give this pedal a 9/10 and recommend it to anyone looking for an excellent Wah for under 200$. I liked it more than the Zakk, Slash, Dimebag, and EVH sig Wahs I tried.

• Members

did buddy REALLY aim to get a specific wah tone back in the day?

thanks for the run down though, i appreciate it. i like the 'milk chocolate waterfall' adj.

I don't think so. I think he just used a Crybaby or a Vox? LOL. That was something I thought was laughable about this pedal.

Still, it's way {censored}ing cool.:thu:

• Members

I'm very interested in trying out this pedal. Your Pro's and Con's list was extremely helpful. Any demos you might want to make/put up for me? The only one I can find online sucks, it's some asshole playing mostly metal high-gain {censored}.

• Members

I'll get around to doing a demo of it sometime over the summer. I've got a lot going on musically right now and filming my feet in my living room is not real high on my priority list.

I do agree it needs a more worthy demo than that Micheal J. Fox wannabe from Guitar World shredding 80's hair metal riffs on a PRS through a high gain channel. Plus he calls it red and blue mode, and blue mode is off, not "deep".

It should be Red Mode and Blank Mode. Blue Mode is bypass.... stupid, because the blue LED looks sweet and two diff. LED's for two modes makes a neat, logical feature.

Whenever I do the demo, I'll be sure to play some clean blues, some dirty stuff, some funk, etc. Something so everyone can hear its effect a little more "properly" than Alex P. Keaton showed us. I'm not big into ripping through modal patterns at light speed. I can, but I don't think memorizing shapes is what "heart" is about.

Please be patient. LIke I said, I'll be sure to get to it this summer... Until then, I hope this review/critique helps anyone looking into this sweet wah.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Do you find your volume decreases when you activate the Buddy wah? im looking for a new wah, and was thinking of the 535q, cos it has the volume boost. But the Buddy looks way cooler, except it has no boost.

What do you reckon?

Archived