Amplitube Metal is... not so horrible! (clip inside)

• Members

Amplitube 2 is quite good, but the rest of the Amplitube family really improves everything. If you want high gain, look into Amplitube Metal - it'll melt your brain.

Ah, I made a mistake: this was metal. Thanks for reminding me Agreed!

Thread title fixed.

And I also used SVX on bass.

I hear the Fender one is the best though.

• Members

Fender is the most authentic of all, probably, but their modeling process was already really, really damned good by Jimi Hendrix/Metal. They did kick it up a few notches all the same for Fender, but then, their virtual amps had to pass Fender's QC inspection on all points and they were working directly with the lead engineer. Even more involved than with Ampeg SVX if I remember right, though Ampeg SVX was a lot of the same deal, working closely with the guys who make the real thing to get everything right.

To my view the huge differences aren't even necessarily in the amps from Amplitube 2 to Amplitube Jimi Hendrix / Metal - it's the cabs. Their IR-based convolution process improved substantially from AT2 to the next products, and some of the amps that had junk cabs in AT2 sound fine with the cabs from the later software. Amplitube Fender's biggest difference in terms of the amps is that they're incredibly more dynamic. Like, I think I could fool people into thinking they're playing a real amp. And I HAVE fooled people into thinking they're listening to one. When demoing something, hooking up all the recording gear to my physical setup is such a hassle... :D

• Members

Fender is the most authentic of all, probably, but their modeling process was already really, really damned good by Jimi Hendrix/Metal. They did kick it up a few notches all the same for Fender, but then, their virtual amps had to pass Fender's QC inspection on all points and they were working directly with the lead engineer. Even more involved than with Ampeg SVX if I remember right, though Ampeg SVX was a lot of the same deal, working closely with the guys who make the real thing to get everything right.

To my view the huge differences aren't even necessarily in the amps from Amplitube 2 to Amplitube Jimi Hendrix / Metal - it's the cabs. Their IR-based convolution process improved substantially from AT2 to the next products, and some of the amps that had junk cabs in AT2 sound fine with the cabs from the later software. Amplitube Fender's biggest difference in terms of the amps is that they're incredibly more dynamic. Like, I think I could fool people into thinking they're playing a real amp.

Wow, great info. Thanks man! It's nice to know the companies being modeled got involved to try and maintain some degree of integrity/accountability.

Archived