• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

now
that
is a nice piece of kit.
:thu:

It's so good, that I think they should bundle it with Logic Studio. It won't be long before Sweetwater sets it up as a package deal with an Apple computer.

"The Apple/Logic Project Studio"

This console is the best $1000 I've ever spent next to the Nord Lead 2X. Ounce it's setup, you pretty much have realtime control of every one of Logic's synth and FX-plug-in parameters. I've already got about 10 presets of my own for ES P and started some for ES M. Killing more GAS for gear.

• Members
It's so good, that I think they should bundle it with Logic Studio. It won't be long before Sweetwater sets it up as a package deal with an Apple computer.

"The Apple/Logic Project Studio"

This console is the best $1000 I've ever spent next to the Nord Lead 2X. Ounce it's setup, you pretty much have realtime control of every one of Logic's synth and FX-plug-in parameters. I've already got about 10 presets of my own for ES P and started some for ES M. Killing more GAS for gear.

Killing GAS by buying gear = :thu:

• Members
I was gonna pick up an OASYS, Kyma, Macbook Pro, etc. but instead I'm buying a boring old... house....

Started reading up on soundproofing - man it doesn't look to be a cheap investment.

Dude, you bought a house.:thu:

Soundproofing is for losers with landlords. Just pay off the cops and hope none of your neighbors are lawyers. :cop:

But seriously, enjoy the new pad.

The guy who rented the storage place where we jammed had to downsize (his real band dissolved) so we've taken to all electronic equipment for practices played over studio monitors.

He's a drummer and switched from a full live kit w/ a sampler (SPD-S) to the sampler, drum synth (an old Tama drum synth brain) and a cymbals. Works pretty well and if we need to we can still break out the big stuff.

Back on the subject of GAS, this means you can justify the monitors AND an electronic kit.

• Members

No, but I declare April 2 "World, Play Your Synths Day!"

Open your windows or go outside, plug in, and at a predesignated time, WE ALL FIRE AWAY ... !!!

Maybe we can make the planet explode ... ?

Oh, no! I am going to kill us all !!! :cop:

• Members

Open your windows or go outside, plug in, and at a predesignated time, WE ALL FIRE AWAY ... !!!

Oh, no!
I am
going to kill us all !!!
:cop:

You're the one guy I wish had a blog. Just for the pictures.

• Members

Oh, no!
I am
going to kill us all !!!

Okay everybody, spread the word!!! :thu:

KAC

• Members
No it isn't. I figured I'd opt for these instead.

LSR4328Ppak-large.jpg

Awesome choice - I got mine a few weeks ago along with the sub - best $$$ i"ve spent for a while. Very happy with them - hope you are too! :thu:

Thanks!
bax

• Members
Awesome choice - I got mine a few weeks ago along with the sub - best $$$ i"ve spent for a while. Very happy with them - hope you are too!

Thanks!

bax

They are in the pipeline. I don't own them yet. Going to pick up a Radias or R3 then those monitors after I sell my MV-8800 and K-Kontrol 49.

• Members
Dude, you bought a house.

Soundproofing is for losers with landlords. Just pay off the cops and hope none of your neighbors are lawyers.

But seriously, enjoy the new pad.

Thanks! :lol:

I definitely need to find an architect and go over the options for our future rehearsal space with me - put it in the basement or finish the room addition out back? I just ordered the Rod Gervais book Home Recording Studio: Build It Like the Pros too. The house shares a wall with another house, so the architect will have to determine how much from the basement will conduct to the other house.

I figure our new drummer will want to use his/her own kit. In the unlikely event I have extra cash left over from all this remodeling stuff, I'll start a V-Drum kit in the rehearsal space.

Archived