Anyone tried one of these yet?

terrafirma

• Members

PGS and Tonefactor have the new and revamped Tech 21 Boost D.L.A with tap tempo... with all the delay freaks on here, I thought I would have heard something about it by now. Does it not bring teh indie credz? Seems really cool... BBD, Tape and digital simulations with a bunch of tweaking options. Seems like the poor man's Replica. Might have to check one out.

Linkage:

http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/effects/boostdla.html

• Members

I clicked on the sound sample, wtf? I couldn't hear much at all, and they certainly didn't try very hard to show off what the delay sounded like. I'm sure it's a good delay. Not sure how much it's different from what's out there though. Price on it? If I wanted something different, I might try the Seymour Duncan Deja Vu, digital and analog, and tap tempo, and modulation, and it looks, and it canbe controlled with a vol pedal and you can use expression ins and out to add other pedals into it and...

• Members

Didn't even see the sound samples thing... ya it is kinda quiet. The new D.L.A. is 200 bucks and the Deja Vu is 250. The DV also has a loop function, although you can only record one loop. It looks a little bigger and it has the option of true bypass or not, but I think the D.L.A. has a buffered bypass only. Plus I think the DV has real analog circuitry in addition to the digital stuff, rather than just analog emulation.

Archived