Someone is trying to scam me on Craigslist thorugh paypal... how do I smite them?

cobalt-60

• Members

Wow, two threads in a day from me, crazy!

Somebody, rather convincingly, told me they wanted to buy some jewelry my mom asked me to sell online. We went through this whole conversation, and they said they wanted to pay by paypal. I have no problem as long as the payment clears and is officially in my account and they pay the fee.

Then I got a letter saying the payment was received by "paypal.com", but checked my account and it wasn't there. Maybe I missed something I was in a rush checking this.

So I quickly lettered them back, thinking it was mis-communication, and then they said they were in a rush to get it to their husband, a priest in Niger, and to forgo shipping to NY.

Yeah.

Guess what happens next? Another "paypal.com" notice. "Payment received , ship now!" it says. This time I comb it over and notice how fake it is.

Then they send me another letter, telling me they know how to make money online.

I am raging pissed they led me on as long as they did. I got my mother all excited about the sale, and now I hvae to explain it's all some con artist based out of Niger. I want even.

So basically how would you properly go about getting these assholes banned from teh internets?

• Members

run their email and see if you can get any personal information such as a name or a address...

forward to your local marine recruitment office and let them know they are more than interested in signing up...

while i nearly got sued for this and i wouldnt really suggest it, take their photo and make various postings on craigslist m4t and m4m section

• Members

I'm looking for something a bit more literal. Police, etc. Although, that's probably why they operate out of Niger. I suppose I could ban their email, but they'd just get another. Think I could get their IP, and get there whole connection banned? Heck, they probably do it out of internet cafes.

Goddamit! I thought I had this {censored} sold. :mad:

I wish I could {censored} in their beds. {censored} right {censored}ing in them. You know what, {censored} that, I'd {censored} right in their cereal box. *Ploop* right in the Co-Co-Crispies. I'd give anything to see the look on their face when my giant, warm, gooey turd drops flops out of that box and into their cereal bowl.

• Members

Unfortunately, there is little to nothing that you can do. They teach scams at the universities in Niger and Nigeria, it is the national sport.

I had a friend that was a cop in Phoenix. He said they were always tracking them and just when they had enough evidence to nail a "cell", they would only find an empty apartment.

They have computer links the world over and field operatives here in the states. It is a corrupt version of the CIA, well, more corrupt anyway.

Those people are the Jedi Masters of bunko. What is amazing is that with most knowing how they scam bank accounts, cars, musical instruments, and other valuables, they can still pull them off! Consider yourself lucky.

Archived