Yamaha Magicstomp users?

Danox3

• Members

I like it alot. I don't do any of the downloading patches stuff, but I've had great success using the on-board editing (I think that's only available on v2). I essentially use it for reverb, and it can get pretty much any reverb sound I want. I use alot of reverse and gated reverbs. The modulated delay stuff is pretty useful too. I don't use much of the phaser or flanger or other stuff, but it's handy to have them around just in case. The main negative is that the tape echo effect is pretty weak and not very tweakable.

• Members

The MKI can be upgraded to MKII firmware. The necessary files can be downloaded from one of the Yahoo! Magicstomp groups.

While I agree that it is marvelous for ambient effects, the preamp in the Magicstomp seems to cause a loss of dynamics with certain setups, especially when a fuzz pedal enters the equation.

• Members

The MKI can be upgraded to MKII firmware. The necessary files can be downloaded from one of the Yahoo! Magicstomp groups.

While I agree that it is marvelous for ambient effects, the preamp in the Magicstomp seems to cause a loss of dynamics with certain setups, especially when a fuzz pedal enters the equation.

Forgot about the upgrade thing, well in.

My big muff has always worked well with the stomp though.

The only real annoying thing for me about it is when it's in bypass the volume on the pedal still controls your overall volume as if it's still on but you could throw it in a true bypass looper to get round that.

Archived