My quest for tone is over!

LR Weizel

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Weren't you the noob who wanted a metal pedal and argued a pedal can keep up with a 5150 in sheer brewtalness?

No, I did say this though, in response to the generalisation you made that people who prefered dirt boxes had never experienced a cranked tube amp -

{censored}ing hate this attitude. So many guitarists are snivelling traditionalistic little {censored}s it puts me off even owning a tube amp half of the time.

And I stand by it. You're a {censored}. Gilmour uses mainly dirt boxes through clean Hiwatt amps, has he never experienced using a cranked tube amp for dirt? {censored}ing ridiculous. Go back to playing cawk rawk on your Peavy, kid.

• Members

Oh yeah, nice dirt box tones you really changed my mind
:thu:

Yeah, because I was totally trying to emulate a cranked 5150 with that tone. You're not exactly changing my mind that you're an anal traditionalist either.

And an Aenima with the right EQ and amp is just as br00tal as the dirt on a 5150 if not more so. Of course, it won't sound exactly like what you're used to, so it's of no interest to you.

I'd much rather listen to a track recorded with that tone then yet another 5150 or Mesa Rec.

Archived