OT: Augh, HD Crash!!

• Members

That's a bummer, Bobby... :cry: - - but I'm surprised at you dude! I mean, isn't your whole friggin' musical existence is based around that PC and those sequences...?! :freak::confused:

I mean, you are essentially the "nerve center" of your band, which has no bass player and no drummer since you're providing the sequencing and the backbeat with machines and software. :lol:

I guess some lessons are learned the harrrrrrd way. :arg:

• Members

Hey man,

Yeah, I'm trying to stay positive but I lost so much important stuff on the pc!! The one thing that's killing me is that I had a ton of registration codes and passwords for all the softsynth/virtual instruments in the studio.

Luckily, I had 90% of the bands MIDI files backed up on the laptop. Since I had just recently converted the MIDI data to audio files when I got the Roland Sonic Cell . . . the only band sequences I lost were the new songs we were currently working on. I

• Members

Hey man,

Yeah, I'm trying to stay positive but I lost so much important stuff on the pc!! The one thing that's killing me is that I had a ton of registration codes and passwords for all the softsynth/virtual instruments in the studio.

Luckily, I had 90% of the bands MIDI files backed up on the laptop. Since I had just recently converted the MIDI data to audio files when I got the Roland Sonic Cell . . . the only band sequences I lost were the new songs we were currently working on. I

• Members

So, what did you do - convert the older MIDI files to audio and now you load them as audio into your Fantom to play live on gigs?

Yeah, I stream the audio backing tracks from a USB flash drive connected directly to the Sonic Cell. I'm leaving the Laptop, Motif ES, and the huge rack of modules at home and just playing my live parts on the Fantom X6.

So far this is working out very well. I lost a little flexibility as I no longer have control over individual instruments in the mix . . . but now I can run the audio files through my mastering equipment and these backing tracks have a lot more punch to them than the raw sequences did.

Archived