Voyager Touch Screen video demo

MM420

• Members

I'm not sure if I stated this...... but I can trigger envelopes with the gate signal from the Voyager Touch Screen.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hang on there, cowboy. Are you saying that you can trigger envelopes with the gate signal from the Voyager's touch screen? Or is what you're really saying is that you can trigger envelopes with the gate signal from the Voyager's touch screen?

I think I'd like to have independent confirmation of this, if someone wouldn't mind...?

• Members

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hang on there, cowboy. Are you saying that you can trigger envelopes with the gate signal from the Voyager's touch screen? Or is what you're really saying is that you can trigger envelopes with the gate signal from the Voyager's touch screen?

I think I'd like to have independent confirmation of this, if someone wouldn't mind...?

Set up your patch correctly and you can play it like a drum.

• Members

to answer your earlier question MM the x/y pad on the Z1 is fully assignable as a mod source.

Together with the staggering number of osc types and massive flexible mod matrix, the Z1 really is super deep.

I've always thought of it as being analagous to the A6, sort of like a digital cousin.

Z1 has 4 lfos, 5 envelopes, pretty advanced (for hardware) FM. Virtually everything can mod everything else. The physical modelling can be jacked and turned to the dark side......

imho best synths for glitch/weirdness/abstract/experimental are A6/Q/Z1/XT

• Members

Here are three more demos of the Moog Voyager.

These are alot more simple than the original demos made using the touch screen.
These consist of the Voyager going into the 104z delay. The delay goes direct to the board. In the loop of the delay in a Mooger Phase. (each vid is wired up EXACTLY the same)

Fairly simple, pretty straight foreward. Each sound quite different. (IMO) I initialized the Voyager for each demo..... nothing else is changed.... just a different pattern made by me from scratch.
thanks for watching and please comment.
enjoy.

th_MVI_2821.jpg

th_MVI_2822.jpg

th_MVI_2823.jpg

thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Finally got around to viewing these. Great to hear more of the Voyager with the delay pedal. Effectively shows off more of the spontaneous noise making capability of the synth. Thanks as always for posting these video demos.

I fooled around with my just-acquired Voyager PE and had a blast with the Touch Pad. It's pretty clever how it's been implemented to sense area, so that even with one finger, you can change a parameter by pressing more of your fingerpad against it. The Voyager practically responds like an acoustic instrument when using the pad to simultaneously control volume and other parameters. I also notice the touchpad design is different from the one on the Voyager when it was first released - the horizontal lines don't stand out at much.

One bit of weirdness is that the C key produced F or other notes on most of the patches in Bank B, but not in the "new" patch presets that were added with Version 3.x. Still, this is a very very minor on a keyboard I'm happy to have acquired. Can't wait to get the Voyager training DVD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

One bit of weirdness is that the C key produced F or other notes on most of the patches in Bank B, but not in the "new" patch presets that were added with Version 3.x. Still, this is a very very minor on a keyboard I'm happy to have acquired. Can't wait to get the Voyager training DVD.

if ya go to the bank where the patches are all detuned, you can probably get them tuned right by initializing the Pot Mapping for that bank. Probably, it's a bank of presets which predate Pot Mapping, thus random data showed up when the OS was updated.

To re-init Pot Mapping for the active bank, go to the Master menu,

select Copyright Info, press Enter. Then press +1.

This will take you to teh super-secret Factory Setup menu.

Scroll down to Pot Mapping, press Enter, cursor to Yes and Enter.

Voila, no more pesky pot mapping. Make sure you had the correct bank active because you don't want to reset pot mapping on a working bank. Pot Mapping is good when it's intentional. Very good. It's like a whole four extra mod slots. Learn to abuse it in your own patches!

Enjoy...

Archived