USB Audio Interface recommendations

LR Weizel

• Members

Really? So I can just keep using the cheap ass no brand USB adapter I got for my Microkorg?

It does respond faster when I lower the latency in ASIO4ALL though I can only lower it a bit before it underruns. Would the Fast Track fare better?

I would think so yes. I can't guarantee anything of course because every system is different, but set up properly I see no reason why that wouldn't work for you.

I've never had to use ASIO for my midi interface either. I just use whatever driver windows finds for it and its very respnosive. And I use the M-Audio ASIO drivers for my audio interface.

• Members

I'm using my Microkorg to turn down soundfonts. Turning down the latency gives me way better feel but I can only do it so far. It'd be aces if I could do it way down. I really need low latency more than anything.

Here's a good article for you:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Oct04/articles/qa1004-7.htm

That might answer some questions that I'm unable to. Hopefully it doesn't just raise more. :o

It sounds like you're able to get your current interface to perform well enough for you, and I can't imagine a separate audio interface really changing anything about that. Like that article says as long as your computer is powerful enough (and it really doesn't take THAT much) and everything is configured correctly it should work just fine.

Archived