High gain pedal for fusion/instrumental rock?

schenkadere

• Members

I find that anything labeled "distortion" or "metal" tends to always disappoint. I want to lean towards a smooth, highly compressed distortion. A few of the AMT offerings seem promising...any other suggestion? Oh, Not Box of Rock or Crunch Box...metal guys will know where I'm coming from.

Thanks!:thu:

• Members
I find that anything labeled "distortion" or "metal" tends to always disappoint. I want to lean towards a smooth, highly compressed distortion. A few of the AMT offerings seem promising...any other suggestion? Oh, Not Box of Rock or Crunch Box...metal guys will know where I'm coming from.

Thanks!
:thu:

:bor:bump

• Members

I like Rats as well, but I'm not a metal dude.

What amp are you playing through?

I think I agree with the Rat and dist and filter above 2 o'clock...it's been the closest thing so far.

I'm not gigging anymore...just bedroom and some recording. I have a modified little Crate V5 that I set clean and use pedals for OD and distortion. My set up is in my sig.

I also agree with the guy who said metal tones are better left to an amp, but I can't justify a purchase like that right now.

Great suggestions guys...thanks! Keep 'em coming.

• Members

I wanted the same thing so I went with a Maxon SD9 for my bridge pickup and I use a BK Butler Tube Driver for my neck pickup.

The Tube Driver is very compressed.

The Maxon may not have that much compression but it is very smooth with the gain maxed and the use of the guitars volume knob along with picking intensity. It can seem very smooth and compressed but then become nice and edgy if you dig in.

Archived