damage control womanizer/demonizer

symeboy

• Members

By itself for higher gains I like the SS-20 the best, but I actually prefer to use the womanizer as a direct tube boost and put any solid state dirt pedal I like in front of it. It's very transparent with a good compression feature and convincing low end.

• Members

I bought the Demonizer about a year ago. I felt it has the best speaker sim out there. Many hours of silent jamming and recording. I went back to putting miking amps and the Demonizer sat there for awhile until recently I started using it in front of a few amps. Tried using it in the return as well. I has it's own sound hard to put words to it. You can mess thing up real quick as any tweak can be for the good or bad, but I know it pretty well enough to dial in what I am after. I am mainly referring to the mid boost dual concentric knobs.

The Liquid Blues, did the Face book special and glad I did. Not only useful as a tube OD pedal but I have found the "clean compressed" setting they provide

as a killer way to add chime to an amp with an average clean.

The story as I know it is that DC was distributed by Peavey and they had a falling out. No more MF, 113 etc. They sell direct from their site

• Members

definitely getting a Blackstar HT Dual, lots on ebay over here in the uk.

yeah I would like to know about using these kind of devices by skipping the amps preamp section. heard people mentioning return of fx loop (how does that work?) and the DI on your amp if you have one

Archived