NPD and NPBD!!

Kaz2550

• Members

I built a new pedal board. Old one shown below. The new one is longer but narrower. Also, it's not propped up to hide the power supply underneath like the old one. I think that was unnecessary effort. I think this one will be more usable. Still have a bit of wood left over after building both so might make a mini board too!:idea:

DSCF3509.jpg

Also received the Blackout Effectors Twosome fuzz today :love: straight on my board. Wow this thing is the most usable fuzz I've ever had (for reference, NYC BM, Little BM, Dano CCF, Zvex FF, Fulltone '70s). I really like the Fulltone 70s but I was finding it hard to cut through in a band situation (all my guitars are 2 humbucker guitars:facepalm: bet it sounds great with something bright like a strat or a tele).

Already finding lots of great sounds. This pedal is like what I always wanted the Big Muff and Fuzz Factory to sound like, rolled into convenient package! Everything from clean boost to mean distortion to mojo drippin fuzz face like sounds to raspy spitty broken sounds are in this thing. I got a great deal thanks to a fellow forumite wahwahed too :thu:

I think my board is temporarily complete. I might replace the Keeley TMB with something smaller, and squeeze a compressor in there too. Then get an M9 with an exp pedal to replace the DD7 and CE2 to add more mod options. Just waiting for the HCFX M9 unloading :cop: j/k. Saying that, very happy with this board for the time being :)

• Members

could you not use some of the remaining wood to prop up the board to hide the power supply

The board is already slightly tilted (about 5 degrees-ish). I might increase the angle but I'm not gonna raise it.

What I was finidng with the other board was that because my daisy chain and patch leads have {censored}ty dimensions, that it made it really difficult to route all the cables underneath. Also, swapping pedals were a pain. This doesn't look quite as clean from above, but easier for me to manage:) If I had a Voodoo Labs PP2 or something then yeah I'd probably hide it underneath.

Archived