m13 4 cable method

hepsh

• Members

ok so i want to try to the 4 cable method to put my delays/mod/etc in the loop and boosts and distortion out the front.

ive hooked it up like this. guitar to M13 input; M13 effects send to amp input; amp effects send to M13 effects return; M13 output to amp effects return.

when i go to the menu i put it on postfx 2, so half of the fx in the loop, but i dont know which ones they are :confused:

does postfx2 mean that fx 1 and 2 are in the loop, or fx 3 and 4. ive got my boosts and distortions in fx 1 and 2, and my delays in fx 3 and 4.

have i done it all right? :confused:

sorry for being a noob at all this

• Members

The "loop" in the display refers to the M13's effect loop, not your amps. So when it says the loop is after FX2, it means your guitar signal comes in through the guitar in, goes through FX1 and FX2, get sent to your guitar pre-amp, comes back to the M13 and goes through FX3 and FX4 and then gets sent to your amp's power amp. Make sense?

So the position of the loop is where the loop is inserted in the signal path.

• Members

On your delay fx, turn the feedback up to infinite so it repeats forever. Play a note, then unplug the cable going to the input of your amp. If the delay sound stops, then your fx3 and 4 are going into the front of the amp. If it continues, then your delay is in the effects loop. Make sense?

Archived