Kurzweil 2600s

• Members
And just in case, this post is not directed personally to you, just to "you" in general.

Ah, hell no, its a message board and your the absolute minority in opinion here regarding "good" sounds so I can take that for what its worth ;)

Besides its all subjective to each person.

I dont consider my work, sound creations, or finished music created with Kurzweil sounds to be {censored}. Same goes for my Yamaha, Korg or other synths. In fact, I have it on good standing within film score circles that my "{censored}" is quite good.

Do I think Kurz needs to get a bit updated? You betcha and I'm sure they'll take care of that in their own time, but for now, I can mangle, create and synthesize whatever I need from what is available.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know what "good" sound is because I have good taste and talent.

You either have good taste or you don't. When you don't, you start liking {censored}, and being offended when someone tells you you like {censored}. It's your right to like {censored} and be a white trash equivalent of musician, but please don't impose your tastes as the only true just because you have a bunch of other white trash friends who also have no taste.

I wonder if you realize that you gave us a very honest statement about who you are.

• Members

It's the musician that makes the music not the instrument. I heard a concert pianist play a toy piano and made it sound great. I own a Kurzweil, XS8, Triton Extreme, Fusion 8H, Roland X8 and the Kurzweil is just as capable if not better, in some areas, than all these boards.

Archived