Wait for the JamMan Solo, or... ?

V-man

• Members

I never bought a looper, but hanging around here has convinced me it is an indispensable teaching tool among other useful things. As such, I have decided this would be the most important purchase made since I got into the tube stack amplifier over 15 years ago. When I get in on the ground floor, I have a tendency to buy the right gear the first time that never needs replacing (though I have a horrible habit of over-supplementing :facepalm:) Thus, I want a good quality looper that will take care of all my needs without becoming obsolete like drum machines did every 3 months in the 1990s.

I don't need a looper for Delay.

I don't need a looper for effects (although I don't have a problem with one that is useful in this manner, and would prefer a reverse capability)

Above all, I want to record rhythm and bass tracks so I can play rhythm and lead along with, which means loop length and storage capacity are vital features.

I want to be able to record new riffs, fills, and solo phrases on computer for actual recording purposes.

Size does not matter (I can go big or small, unless you suggest a good loop is an indespensible live tool and pedalboard real estate is vital).

Based on these criteria, what do you suggest?

• Members

That Jamman Solo looks like :love: and with it's USB port it'll likely be pretty simple to get your loops to a computer. Remember though that the looper is of course before the amp and speaker, so you'll want to either use some software on your computer to make it sound like it was played through an amp and speaker, or something in front of the looper which mimics it, such as one of the Sansamps.

It looks like it'll do everything the Boss does, and a bunch more. Looks like it'll have a better user interface too, more buttons and an LED numbers display.

Archived