UK'ers..gonna let ya'll in on a little secret

mr benn

• Members

this fuzz kit

http://www.guitarmagazine.co.uk/content/pedalkit.htm

is stunning!

just for a bit of background,I buy Guitar Magazine every month and have done so since about 1997,it's simply the best guitar mag around,with loads of diy gadgets and projects in it

about five or six years ago they brought out a fuzz designed by Dan of Lovetone using an AC128 germanium transistor

at the time I was obsessed with my big cheese so I put pen to paper,fired up the soldering iron and as a result built this...

4319718261_308493a477_b.jpg

4319710881_1d7cef6d1c_b.jpg

excuse my dodgy pot alignment and questionable wiring skill (this was the first thing i built!)

I gave this to our guitar player to use on his board eon's ago and tbh he's not a great fuzz user,so today i took it back and plugged it into my little gretsch...

noyphh.jpg

notes literally jump out of the amp and unlike most fuzzes i have it's great on chords,also cleans up better than any other fuzz I have

this is going straight back on my board :love:

now the only downside is they jacked the price from

• Members

Does it sound like a big cheese?

no,it's not as gated

I don't think this is a clone of anything,Dan designed the circuit himself as far as I know but i'd say it's influenced by early tonebender type tones

honestly I haven't played enough really old fuzzes to say which it is closest too

definitely seems more high-gain than say a fuzzface,and cleans up better than my monsterpiece Mk II

Archived