Hot Rod Deville people...

rydia is hot

• Members

is your clean channel noisy at all? not excessively so, but i don't remember my 2x12 deville having any hiss at all (picked up a 4x10 on the cheap off CL). it has had its plate load resistors switched to better ones, apparently...

And I think I sold you that 2x12 and met you at the gas station on Rt. 2 ;)

Nope -I've owned a few (and still have a Deluxe in the basement) and none of them had any noise issues on the clean channel, and I'm a stickler for that. First, make sure your 6L6's don't look like plasma tornadoes, and if that's good, swap out your preamp tubes with known good tubes and see what happens. Just to make sure.

-Ben

• Members
And I think I sold you that 2x12 and met you at the gas station on Rt. 2
;)
Nope -I've owned a few (and still have a Deluxe in the basement) and none of them had any noise issues on the clean channel, and I'm a stickler for that. First, make sure your 6L6's don't look like plasma tornadoes, and if that's good, swap out your preamp tubes with known good tubes and see what happens. Just to make sure.

-Ben

yep, that was me! thanks again for that...you're a nice dude.

and thanks for the advice! the owner said the tubes are about a year old, and this thing smells like it's been played hard, haha...

• Members

swapped the preamp tubes, no dice. the power tubes aren't redplating or anything.

seems mostly like 60 cycle hum...

Poop.

Dimmer switch on the same circuit? Have you tried plugging it into different outlets in the house? Are your pedalboard and amp plugged into the same power strip? Just some more thoughts...

• Members

Poop.

Dimmer switch on the same circuit? Have you tried plugging it into different outlets in the house? Are your pedalboard and amp plugged into the same power strip? Just some more thoughts...

amp makes noise at idle with nothing plugged in. there's a faint 60 cycle hum even when on standby...my old bad cat did the same thing, not sure why...

Archived