Good/cheap jacks for making patch cables?

Bee_Gee

• Members

ive got quite a few cables laying around not being used and my pedalboard desperately needs a be re-done. so i figured i chop up those cables , buy some ends and make some patch cables. any advice on the connectors to use and where to buy? im probably looking to buy about 20 of em

• Members

Here are what I settled on for my board and my guitar to board cable. I got the normal right angle plug and they actually surprised me. It was a killer deal, $25 or so with shipping for about 25.

http://www.futurlec.com/Audio-65mm.shtml

I haven't had one break on me yet but I probably wouldn't gig with them(well maybe if I brought a hundred with me and had doubles of all my cables). Make sure to get a few extra cause you might have to get used to soldering them. I was gonna go the G&H route but they were like 2.50-3.50 each. This let me recable my board and not get in trouble with the girl :thu:

• Members

YES! those pancake connectors are exactly what i was looking for.

there definitely gonna save me some space on the board and some money.

:thu:

Yep, these GLS pankaces are really great. Best price/quality :thu:

I have second 20-pack on the way now :)

Here is the picture:

mono_right_m.jpg

These are pretty much similar build quality to Switchcraft plugs and shouldn't be mistaken with these really cheap and thin plugs. They are really bad:

P065M05A.jpg

• Members

Jacks are the holes that you plug
into

Jacks are both what you plug into and what you use to plug in. There is female jacks and male jacks.

Pedals have jacks and so do guitar cables.

BTW dont buy cheap {censored} jacks, buy switchcraft or you will only have to keep repairing them as cheap ones break easily. They dont break on the outside but rather on the inside.

As Anderer said, use these: (this is a stereo one but you get the idea)

238X,%20228.jpg

• Members

Jacks are both what you plug into and what you use to plug in. There is female jacks and male jacks.

Pedals have jacks and so do guitar cables.

yup, jack sockets and jack plugs...

1/4" jack is just the common name for this type of connection.

Archived