Anyone Here Mod Their Whammy 4 To True ByPass ??

hot_karl

• Members

Make sure you know how to solder. I don't know what is under some of those traces you are soldering too, but if you apply heat for too long and mess up one of those components, you are in some big trouble. Besides that, it looks a like a solder by numbers.

yeah I would get my brother to solder it.... it's just all that cutting and what not! looks scary.

• Members

Yeah as mentioned, I've done it.

I've also gotten emails from dozens of people who have done it too. Some with little to no experience and they managed to do it alright. As long as you take it one step at a time, it should be alright.

Take a gander at the guide in my sig and see what you think.

• Members

Yeah as mentioned, I've done it.

I've also gotten emails from dozens of people who have done it too. Some with little to no experience and they managed to do it alright. As long as you take it one step at a time, it should be alright.

Take a gander at the guide in my sig and see what you think.

yeah that's the mod I want to do, As for holding up? Seems like those wires could flop around in there and come disconnected if I am touring with it?

could u tape the wires to the green?

• Members

Mine's been around the block a few times and it's doing just fine.

The pictures of mine aren't the most spectacular/clean. You can do it tidier, and hotglue wires to the board, and use zip ties where they meet etc...

• Members

Mine's been around the block a few times and it's doing just fine.

The pictures of mine aren't the most spectacular/clean. You can do it tidier, and hotglue wires to the board, and use zip ties where they meet etc...

so if I hot glued wires to the board where there was no silver (wires, solders, transistors, chips etc) it will be just fine?

sorry I am not a mod guy in the least.

and while I got you here do you have any detailed pictures on how you did the momentary switch mod?

• Members

You can cover the whole board with hot glue, it won't effect anything (once dry). I wouldn't get it on components as the heat may damage stuff, but just on the board, it should be fine. A gob on top of each of the solder connections should keep the wires from jigging about.

• Members

You can cover the whole board with hot glue, it won't effect anything (once dry). I wouldn't get it on components as the heat may damage stuff, but just on the board, it should be fine. A gob on top of each of the solder connections should keep the wires from jigging about.

thanks man

do you have pics of the momentary mod?

• Members

Just the diagrams. I took the photos as I was doing mine, and haven't updated the images since them (other than making 'clear' diagrams of it).

If you're going to give it a go, I say do the truebypass first, then go from there.

• Members
Just the diagrams. I took the photos as I was doing mine, and haven't updated the images since them (other than making 'clear' diagrams of it).

If you're going to give it a go, I say do the truebypass first, then go from there.

by clear diagrams I meant pictures like u had :lol:

but thanks for the help I'll give it a shot

Archived