Question for Blackstar Owners. (HT-Dual or HT-5)

• Members

Been talking with some people about high-gain sounds. And Blackstar keeps popping up.

I'm trying to get a pretty heavy sound, but not like a high-gain shreddy sound; tones like Mastodon and Baroness and other stuff like that.

I've tried quite a few pedals and never really gotten where I wanted with it, but I've never had a chance to try the HT-Dual either.

I also wouldn't be opposed to a 5-10w amp or a higher wattage one if it's still pretty cheap, to get the job done since mostly what I would be wanting this heavy stuff for is just dicking around or recording.

What are your thoughts on Blackstar stuff for heavy tones. Or other pedals/amps for heavy tones?

• Members

If you got a cab I'd go with some older Peavey stuff like the VTM and Butcher. Throw a boost in front of it and you got some massive heavy tones. Hell, even without a boost it'll blow you away. The HT-5 is cool but it can't really hang with a drummer which is why I sold mine. If it's going to stay at home it's a pretty good choice too. There are a lot of good clips floating around in HCAF.

• Members

If you got a cab I'd go with some older Peavey stuff like the VTM and Butcher. Throw a boost in front of it and you got some massive heavy tones. Hell, even without a boost it'll blow you away. The HT-5 is cool but it can't really hang with a drummer which is why I sold mine. If it's going to stay at home it's a pretty good choice too. There are a lot of good clips floating around in HCAF.

I've got a few cabs.

And again, if the HT5 can get that heavy, that's cool. The stuff I'd use it for would be me recording stuff and just jamming at home. Stuff I play live is never heavy.

• Members

I've got a few cabs.

And again, if the HT5 can get that heavy, that's cool. The stuff I'd use it for would be me recording stuff and just jamming at home. Stuff I play live is never heavy.

It should be fine then. Tons of guys over in HCAF love the thing and they know heavy tones. It's pretty versatile too, I was able to get a whole lot of different sounds out of the thing. The cleans are kind of meh though but I didn't get it for the cleans.

• Members

It should be fine then. Tons of guys over in HCAF love the thing and they know heavy tones. It's pretty versatile too, I was able to get a whole lot of different sounds out of the thing. The cleans are kind of meh though but I didn't get it for the cleans.

I'm thinking the HT5 would pair really well with my Jet II for an A/B type thing either recording or just dorm jamming.

Me and a buddy are heading to GC soon; I'll have to check one out.

• Members

The cleans won't beat a Fender, but I like the clean channel cranked for a cranked small amp kind of sound.

Archived