gig rig power supply

Mikoo69

• Members

i am wondering if the gig rig power supplies system is better than the voodoo labs pedalpower II for distrbuting power to lots of pedals.

right now i use a PP2+ and basically have 2 pedals daisy chained off each isolated output as I have about 16 pedals. so far i've managed to do this without any noise issues, however i want to add one or two more pedals and not sure how to best accomplish this. would the 9V battery simulators work in conjunction with the PP2+? Should i just transfer to the gig rig system entirely?

• Members

i am wondering if the gig rig power supplies system is better than the voodoo labs pedalpower II for distrbuting power to lots of pedals.

right now i use a PP2+ and basically have 2 pedals daisy chained off each isolated output as I have about 16 pedals.
so far i've managed to do this without any noise issues
, however i want to add one or two more pedals and not sure how to best accomplish this. would the 9V battery simulators work in conjunction with the PP2+? Should i just transfer to the gig rig system entirely?

If it ain't broke don't fix it :poke:

• Members

it aint broke. however i need to add another distortion pedal and am not sure i can power 3 pedals off one isolate ouptut for the voodoolabs. i am trying to power a King of Tone, a BlackCat OD-Fuzz and a third distoriton, possibly a catalinbread SFT or DLS, possibly a hotcake.

u think its possible to power these 3 pedals off one output?

• Members

Add up the milliamps: if if doesn't go over 100, you're set! Overdrives, distortions and fuzzes are generally low current so they're the best for this purpose. I daisy chain 6 pedals off one output on my PP2 and another 4 from another. No problems whatsoever.

Take a look at this list:

http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/power/list.htm

If it's not there, try and find the information from the instructions that came with the pedal.

Archived