Drives not reaching unity gain on M13. Help!!

incufan7

• Members

I am really getting frustrated with a few of the "drives" on my m13. In particular the screamer, big muff, red blue and tube comps and the fuzz face.

I actually like the way they sound but its nearly impossible to get them to unity gain.

The screamer is supposed to push an amps input when its output is dimed and the drive set to 0 right? Well not for me, it is actually quieter than the normal amp setting and there is a little digitalish distortion in the background. If I raise the gain a lot it will get above unity.

The big muff and fuzz face are unusable because no matter what I do I cannot get them above unity.

Same with the three comps I mention. I turn them on and my volume drops a few decibels.

Now other people don't seem to have this problem. I know this because their I've tried their output settings and they are always way quiet. The only way I can use the ODs is to max out the output and put the gain about 40%.

Does anyone else have this problem? Do I somehow have a unit with screwed up drives? Is there some kind of master volume I am missing?

Everything else works fine. I am at v 2.1 and I have tried it with 4cm, in front of amp and switch wall jacks. Noise gate is turned off.

What gives?

edit: The octo reverb is also so quiet that its hard to even notice its there.

• Members

basically the m13 succeeds at everything but dirt, I wouldn't even use the dirt settings on it and would get a couple dirt boxes

edit: sorry I am just reading the posts now, dirt is usually a bit above unity or it sounds small from my experience. Just get some dirt boxes u like and dial them in right

• Members

basically the m13 succeeds at everything but dirt, I wouldn't even use the dirt settings on it and would get a couple dirt boxes

Haha, well the tube driver seems to work wonderfully if the gain is up.

I am just worried my unit is somehow broken. Although I have noticed a similar problem with the amp models and drives on my RP500.

Is this just a digital problem?

edit: I do have dirt boxes that I use, well boosts, since I am an amp overdrive kind of guy :p .

• Members

Haha, well the tube driver seems to work wonderfully if the gain is up.

I am just worried my unit is somehow broken. Although I have noticed a similar problem with the amp models and drives on my RP500.

Is this just a digital problem?

edit: I do have dirt boxes that I use, well boosts, since I am an amp overdrive kind of guy
:p

I had a similar problem with my dl4 and is why I got rid of it completely, I find if u are using a gain, or dirt box before the dl4, a pedal that really boosts or drives your amp, initiating the dl4 can cause extreme volume and tone loss. I liked the delay but I couldn't deal with it anymore.... I got a memory lane 2 and have never looked back.

• Members

Do you use it in the fx loop or in front of the amp? If you use the fx loop have you tried using the 4-cable method? I thought the drive sims sucked until I did the 4-cable method. After switching everything actually sounded really good.

Archived