Midisport - Vista Problem

ned911

• Members

I can't get my HP Laptop with Vista to recognize my MidiSport 2x2. Device Manager only says M-Audio MidiSport 2x2 Loader. My Axiom 25 has no problem being recognized by the PC.

The Midisport has no problem with my XP machine.

Latest drivers from M-Audio are loaded.

Any thoughts.

Ned

• Members

I can't get my HP Laptop with Vista to recognize my MidiSport 2x2. Device Manager only says M-Audio MidiSport 2x2 Loader. My Axiom 25 has no problem being recognized by the PC.

The Midisport has no problem with my XP machine.

Latest drivers from M-Audio are loaded.

Any thoughts.

Ned

Go back to XP, Vista often has a lot of problems.

• Members

The Midisport drivers come in two parts, the loader and the device driver. Both have to be active and working properly for the Midisport to function, this has obviously not happened.

Make sure you have the most recent drivers. (double check the M-audio site)

Completely un-install the drivers and start from scratch.

The problem you're having was a common one I had experienced with WinXP numerous times as well.

• Members

You likely have a stale device entry in the registry. XP gets confused with USB devices don't report a unique serial number, like most inexpensive USB gear does. I discovered this myself while developing firmware for a USB printer that had no place to store a unique serial number.

There's a way to identify the stale registry enumeration entry, but it's been a long while and I don't recall the exact procedure. You may have look searching MS's knowledge base for stale USB device entries and plug-n-play.

• Members

My M-Audio Fast Track Pro works great on Vista, as does my M-Audio Uno.

For refrence's sake, I had a SB card that only came up as usb audio at first, even w/the correct Vista drivers.

Then I went to Microsoft Update, updated all I could, and then it was properly recognized.

Archived