It's not the instrument,it's the player :-)

• Members

I always considered the Minimoog to be somewhat...limited...

Please step out of the vehicle and put your hands on the hood. This type of malarky will NOT be tolerated!:cop:

That synth is LIMITED but only by its user... And the other 800 controls new digital synths have... heheheh But its a freakin icing piece for sure!

• Members

MOOGS can make a church organ sound ? I thought they were Mono ......
:confused:

Seriously, great playing. Nice & proggy !

The church organ sound is coming from whatever underneath the moog, and I think it's a church organ, anyway very cool playing.

• Members

Now Im just a guy who was thawed out of ice by a small group of scientist but I do know this. Its definitely the skill, not the tool. My brother Nantook one day found a sliver of obsidian so sharp, it would cut through hair without ripping it out. It didn't need to be chipped and shaped at all and it was the find of a lifetime. It retained its edge through almost anything from the wooly mammoth to the great sabertooth.

Sadly Nantook was not the best, most skilled with a spear. An angry sabertooth saw him collecting berries too close to its den. The sabertooth attacked and Nantook was not quick enough. It ate his head on the spot.

Now Im just an ignorant caveman but I have had many experiences in my life. Your steel horses though terrifying, also get me to McDonalds much faster than by foot. Your electricity feeds my mini-people story box and lets me watch miniature naked people have sex right in fornt of me. These thing confound and baffle me but I must use them as they are presented. And even with all this confusion, I know that if you can't handle your spear, it doesn't matter how sharp the tip. But of course Im just a caveman so what would I know!

• Members

Very fine playing, but (to chorus of boos), I'd say that it doesn't show that the minimoog isn't limited. Just shows that it sounds great, and that a really good player can be very expressive on it. But is that what we mean by a synth being limited/not limited? Maybe I just don't understand...

• Members

Very fine playing, but (to chorus of boos), I'd say that it doesn't show that the minimoog isn't limited. Just shows that it sounds great, and that a really good player can be very expressive on it. But is that what we mean by a synth being limited/not limited? Maybe I just don't understand...

Its options, modulation and routing are a joke by todays standards.

And I am a MINI LUNATIC! Its all about the sound with that synth- it just CAN'T sound bad. BUT I bought it last because... its limited. Non synth stuff gets a little silly- romplers have their place for SURE.

3 grand is a lot to invest for electronica/prog basses and leads... And others come close enough to not care... almost.;)

• Members

I played on a minimoog once, and I thought that it sounded just great. But if I'm going to spend minimoog or voyager money, well, I'm going to buy something that isn't that limited. I think that if you're a player primarily, that isn't as much of a concern.

Archived