OT: Phish Concert Tomorrow

stjames

• Members

You see, I just can't understand the outlook on Phish that most people have.

If I had to categorize them, I would not say they are a "hippy jam-band". This seems to be the stereotype.

While they may have changed their ways through the years, they did some beautifully executed, memorable {censored} that made you go WTF in the 90s. And when you are at the show,

Trey's tone is always glorious and Fishman is a samurai on the drums.

If you could listen to shows from years gone by, maybe you can begin to understand why they sell out every show and that all they are, are a bunch of dorks playing intelligent rock dance music with a normal rock/jazz setup.

With this setup, they have done things musically and with themes that nobody else has ever done in music history.

So are you still a big fan who goes to all their shows? I do have a lot of respect for what they have done and the drummer was killing it all night long, but it almost seemed like they were trying too hard to be innovative during the second half of the show, which was a big bummer because they were really great during the the first set.

• Members
I was at Festival 8 which was amazing, but I really want to see and hear Treys new Languedoc guitar in person

I must say though.. so far they have been sounding great this tour. Thanks etree.

tumblr_l6r0s3dpMt1qcbx7l

didn't know he used a new one!!! i'ma gotta get a googlin'...

Archived