recommend a guitar synth pedal

J.Paul

• Members

I am rotating my X3Live out. I only use it for the synth soud and we rarely play that tune anymore ("Magic Man"), SO :

I'm looking for a guitar synth (pedal) recommendation.

I may go with the FM4 or the X3 (bean) but would rather find something smaller and w/out the bulky Line6 power supply.

Anyone?

ZVex?

EH?

• Members

I'm not sure what kind of synth sound you're after, but if it's a floating, ethereal pad (sort of fm-synthy) you could do well with the space station setting on the Digitech EX7. If you're after squelchy fat analog I have no experience with other options, but the EX7 is a fun pedal and also does great leslie sim, whammy and decent vibe and wah.

Steve

• Members

Digitech synth wah, boss bass synth, Geiger counter, and the fm4 are all great. For price range the fm4 would be the most bang for your buck. Tracking is alright but there are a tone of sounds you can get out of it. I would recommend that or the Geiger counter. There is infinite noises in that thing. You can also check out the polyanna, ibanez bass synth, pm7 for crazy noises as well

• Members

Geiger counter is rad. My favorite "guitar synth" chain I have made so far was a Creepy Fingers Pink Elephant > Blackout Effectors Whetstone phaser set on the slowest cycle possible > Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird. Gets some crazy analog synth type sounds with an all analog signal path. I threw a MXR Blue box in there after the pink elephant and got pseudo arpegiation out of the set up as well. I imagine a Slow Gear would make it even sicker. Or slow gear, pink elephant, and delay could do pad sounds. I love the idea of using analog pedals in combo to make synth sounds. But it's easier for me to experiment than most... I'll make some videos soon of some weird combos.

Archived