The Joy of PMT!

• Members

I went up to PMT this afternoon, actually they're about a mile down the road from me by the canal, in the building/business they took over after Sound Control went belly up.

I'm still not sure what to make of them. Went in shopping for a reverb and having listened to a whole bunch of demos, was debating between the TC Electronic Nova NR-1, M300, or the lexicon MX200.

Very helpful staff if you avoided the ones that looked like greasy guitarists, was chatting with a woman who worked there who was very friendly and told me it's really embarrassing working for a place called PMT!

Well the two TC Electronic items i was debating (i'd planned on getting them to pull out all 3 and giving them a head to head) were out of stock! And i ended up pushing the boat out a little more than intended and came out with a MX300.

To give PMT credit though, they have kept on all the staff from Sound Control. I was asking the woman about a guy who used to work there a few years ago (i only remembered him cos he always looked out of it, and i thought he fancied me) but when i said he looked like he was out of it she laughed and said that was most of the staff 'cos they're all musicians(!)

So that was my experience with PMT!

Archived