Opinions on the Boss FC-50 Midi Foot Controller (M9 Looper)

turnstylepoet

• Members

I don't think its as easy as hooking up a midi foot controller and having the looper be controlled. There's a fellow on here who's been trying to figure out the midi commands for the looper for quite some time with his own DIY footswitch.

I could be wrong though. I can tell you first hand that those Boss footswitches do fail over time in a live setting. If you're planning on using it on stage, make sure you're not buying something thats too too old.

• Members

I don't think its as easy as hooking up a midi foot controller and having the looper be controlled. There's a fellow on here who's been trying to figure out the midi commands for the looper for quite some time with his own DIY footswitch.

I could be wrong though. I can tell you first hand that those Boss footswitches do fail over time in a live setting. If you're planning on using it on stage, make sure you're not buying something thats too too old.

I've read that thread and I'd try building one myself if I was better at building. The most complicated thing I've ever built was a clean boost pedal.

Regarding the switches: that is good to know. I'd hate to buy the thing and have it crap out. thanks man

Archived