Juno 60, Alpha Juno 2 overlap ?

augerinn

• Members

Just got a beautiful Alpha 2 off of E-bay. $100.00 delivered. Needs 2 keys , new battery, and a return spring for the pitch/mod.

Looking at the specs, it's kinda close to my 60, but not really. If I keep it, do you think there would be too much overlap between the 2 instruments ?

• Members

They don't sound even remotely close.

Theres reasons I NEVER break Dons balls... Him being 100% right 99.9% of the time being the main reason!:thu:

I LOVE my Juno 1! Its the organ king in my world. Plus just a pleasure to use even with the membrane buttons!

For yours to have lost keys and broken the pitch bend, they must have dropped it out of a plane and had a semi drive over it! Definitely a good price and worth fixing!:thu:

• Members

Just got a beautiful Alpha 2 off of E-bay. $100.00 delivered. Needs 2 keys , new battery, and a return spring for the pitch/mod.

Looking at the specs, it's kinda close to my 60, but not really. If I keep it, do you think there would be too much overlap between the 2 instruments ?

Pass. Nothing too special, either for the price or the effort you should put to make it work.

• Members

I've had an Alpha 2 and a MKS-50 and a Juno 6 and a Juno 106 (both no Juno 60) in the past.

I used the Alpha 2 as a master keyboard. It has some nice strings sounds (and the Hoover preset), but for the rest I much more prefer the Juno106/6., but YMMV.

Not much overlap, they don't have much in common with each other than the Juno name.

I've sold all of these, but will get a Juno 106 or 60 in the future again. For $100 the Alpha isn't bad though.

Archived