Why wouldn't I want a Peavey VTM 60?

JMR

• Members

These amps are a great value. I've seen a few touring punk acts with them (or the 120) and they just sound great. I've seen it in different venues and used different ways (clean plus drive pedal, overdriven, clean) and I really like it. Since it's fairly cheap and durable, I wouldn't have to worry so much about it being damaged.

But are there reasons I wouldn't want it?

• Members

These amps are a great value. I've seen a few touring punk acts with them (or the 120) and they just sound great. I've seen it in different venues and used different ways (clean plus drive pedal, overdriven, clean) and I really like it. Since it's fairly cheap and durable, I wouldn't have to worry so much about it being damaged.

But are there reasons I wouldn't want it?

You want to wait for a 120 because it's louder.

Seriously, though. The VTM series rules. I still kick myself for getting rid of my 120. As long as the price is right, snatch that {censored} up.

• Members

I heard they are supposed to be a nice 6l6 power tube copy of Marshall jcm800... but do they really have a good clean tone? Or, was that using more cleaner w/ an overdrive pedal maybe(Kim Thayil used a dod od/preamp)?

Kim Thayil used his pretty dark I believe(remeber a mag ad), even w/ mahogany wood guitars w/ humbuckers.

• Members

You want to wait for a 120 because it's louder.

Seriously, though. The VTM series rules. I still kick myself for getting rid of my 120. As long as the price is right, snatch that {censored} up.

Isn't the difference in loudness only 3db? I've played a 60 and a 120 side by side and the difference is the 120 had a bit more clean headroom and low end. That's about it. Both were plenty loud.

Archived