Rusty strings after one practice / gig

daysofspeed

• Members

Ernie Balls sound really good for a day, after that they simply die on me. I was pleasantly surprised by the Elixirs, which I have used for a long time now. I actually like the slightly slippery feel, although some people seem to hate it. Right now my main guitar is strung with some D

• Members

I've tried d'addarios, ghs and EBs. Just recently I gave the EHX strings a shot and I haven't looked back. I sweat a lot so I have to constantly wipe my strings down really well or they'll be rusty by the end of the week. The strings just seem to last longer and don't rust out as quick as others.

• Members

D'addarios used to have a waxy feel to them when they were brand new but these days they dont seem to have this.

Ill start wiping them down too but im still pretty dis-satisfied with the d'addarios recently

There's an ongoing thread over at TGP wherein players who have used their strings for years have been complaining about QC issues left and right with the product recently. I had issues with Ernie Ball and moved over to D'addario. I might jump ship for the old trusty standby GHS?

• Members

I've had the same problem with D'Addarios, going off after about a week on the LP. They seem to be okay on the Strat though - so it's not my caustic fingers.

Switched to Ernie Balls and they last a bit longer.

Definitely wipe them down after playing and keep the guitar in a case - especially if the air is humid.

• Members
I string all my guitars with Dean Markley and they are great last a long time and stay in tune really well.

497603.jpg

+1, I just switched over to Dean Markleys from D'addarios. They feel a little slinkier even in the same gauge, and I've had the same set on my guitar since the beginning of October and they feel just fine still. I'd get em again, those GHS Progressives posted up there though look awesome, I'd love to give them a shot.

• Members

Am I the only jackass who goes like a year without changing his strings?

If I were to constantly keep my strings sounding fresh, then my tone would constantly be thrown off because the strings would wear down in a day or two. The way I'm doing it, my tone out of the guitbox is solid all the time! :D

• Members
do people really store their regular guitar in a case, day to day? id never do that unless i lived outside or something. thats way too much trouble.

id suggest getting some weather strips or properly fitting windows and doors.
:)

It's still new and shiny, therefore back in the case with it after doing the playing thingumy.

:thu:

Archived