Digitech RP1000: Anyone using? Thoughts?

New Trail

• Members

Some background: After always being a pedal guy, I decided last year to get a multi-effects unit, but I couldn't decide which to get, so I got two, a Digitech RP250 and a Vox LE. Anyway, they're both good units, and both have good sounds, but now I need a bigger unit now that allows you to switch directly from one sound to another, not just up and down. I think with the RP1000 you can have 10 programmable sounds per bank. Because I liked the RP250 I was considering the RP1000, so any thoughts from actual users of the pedal would be much appreciated.

• Members

LOVE it!!! and i hated multi fx units a few years ago but i always wanted something more convienent than huge pedal boards and tap dancing. i kept trying them and never found one i liked until the rp1000. i have a patch programmed for each sound i need for every song on our setlist, and pedalboard mode allows for easy tweaking of each patch but overall it really allows me to focus on playing my instrument which has made me a better muscian.

imo the distortions/od/fuzz sounds are better than other units, the effects arent quite as good as a line 6 unit (they are still good) but i think the distortions, amp sims and ease of use make up for it. i didnt think that i would use or like the amp sims bc i love my amp, so i got it bc its easy to bypass them but surprisingly there are a lot that are good. my amp is sweet and i still use it but being able to go from my amp, to a vox or to a bassman or to a 5150 is sweet. not saying they are dead ringers but they are close enough for me and the added variety is the best part.

we play covers and originals and this thing helps me find the exact sound i want, if you can imagine a sound with a little tweaking i think you can nail it. obviously having the real amp and effect would be better but this is so close that having so many more options and having them programmed at the push of a button is what i like. the only downsides i can think of are the wahs arent great, i guess i am spoiled with my teese so i stll use mine. i also would like to be able to stack multiple effects or delays. and the cab sims arent great but that is true for all multi/modeler units; get a good cab and that is not a huge issue.

• Members

LOVE it!!! and i hated multi fx units a few years ago but i always wanted something more convienent than huge pedal boards and tap dancing. i kept trying them and never found one i liked until the rp1000. i have a patch programmed for each sound i need for every song on our setlist, and pedalboard mode allows for easy tweaking of each patch but overall it really allows me to focus on playing my instrument which has made me a better muscian.

imo the distortions/od/fuzz sounds are better than other units, the effects arent quite as good as a line 6 unit (they are still good) but i think the distortions, amp sims and ease of use make up for it. i didnt think that i would use or like the amp sims bc i love my amp, so i got it bc its easy to bypass them but surprisingly there are a lot that are good. my amp is sweet and i still use it but being able to go from my amp, to a vox or to a bassman or to a 5150 is sweet. not saying they are dead ringers but they are close enough for me and the added variety is the best part.

we play covers and originals and this thing helps me find the exact sound i want, if you can imagine a sound with a little tweaking i think you can nail it. obviously having the real amp and effect would be better but this is so close that having so many more options and having them programmed at the push of a button is what i like. the only downsides i can think of are the wahs arent great, i guess i am spoiled with my teese so i stll use mine. i also would like to be able to stack multiple effects or delays. and the cab sims arent great but that is true for all multi/modeler units; get a good cab and that is not a huge issue.

Good Info! Thanks!

Archived