Should I pull the trigger on Voodoo Lab Ground Control and GCX Guitar Audio Switcher?

tonaldeath

• Members

So, a dude who plays in one of the bands in the area told me he's thinking about selling his Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro and his GCX Guitar Audio Switcher.

$500, and I bet I could get him down to $450. I friend of his offered him $400, but he passed. They're in good condition. This seems like a steal, but I've never used this system, so that much $$$ is a lot to spend on something I'm unfamiliar with.

Being a singer/guitarist who uses his fair share of effects, I have a feeling that this could really help my live playing become more fluid, reducing the amount of tap dancing (and therefore difficulty remaining tight) I have to suffer.

Should I pull the trigger?

Anyone who has any experience with these units who could chime in on their reliability/durability/quality, your input is greatly appreciated.

• Members

I've been using that combo for almost a year now, regular gigs, and both GC and GCX are very solidly built. Easy to set up too. That said, one of the switches on my GCX has started triggering a few times each time I press it. I was using it as a tap tempo and was wondering why the tempo always went to 999bpm when I pressed it... Anyway, probably some contact cleaner or at worst a new switch and it'll be right as rain. I'm moving to a Rocktron All Access because more footswitches and the ability to store setlists would be good for me, have a little break round xmas where I can program all my patches over.

Anyway that CSB aside, I would recommend the Ground control/GCX combo though, they're a standard for a reason.

Archived