TC Electronics Nova Repeater vs. Boss DD-20

louloomis

• Members

Is there anyone out there who has owned both and can compare and contrast the pluses and minuses of each? I have read all the reviews, watched all the clips on Youtube, but there's no replacement for the feedback of someone who actually owns an item you are considering buying.

Thanks.

LouLoomis

• Members

I haven't owned both back to back, but if it counts, I had the DD-7 as well, which most people think is an improved version (sonically) over the DD-20, without some of the features the DD-20 has. I find it hard to compare these two pedals, just because one has more options than the other, but one sounds better, that being the Repeater. I loved the tone control, and modulation control on the Repeater. It's a super simple pedal to use, sounds great, works great. The DD-20 has a lot of fans too, if the features of it like storing presets is important to you, than that's the better choice. Strictly for sound quality, my take based on the DD-7 (which is a good delay in its own right), the Repeater has better tone.

• Members

Yeah I'd agree with what IRG said. I've owned both, here's my pro's list:

DD-20 pros:

presets

looper

better dark noisier analog sound

screen

Repeater:

way cleaner digital delay sound (your opinion if this is better or not, I was a fan)

vibrato or chorus on any mode

more dual delays

Archived