OT: X-Mas/New Years Cigar Thread

Bill Cosby

• Members

Looking to pick up a few cigars for x-mas and/or New Years.

Yet, I don't normally smoke on a regular basis. I just know the people I buy them for would enjoy them

So, what do you guys smoke?

What are some good ones to look out for at local smoke shops?

Nothing to {censored}ty, nothing too nice.

• Members

I have a lot of "special occasion" go-to cigars. I generally choose a figurado if I have an option, but I've always been a fan of Robusto as well

Padron 1926 or 1964 "Aniversario" figurado (torpedo). Usually runs around $15-$18 depending on the place, might be a bit higher some places.

Tatuaje Reserva RC184 (or if you want a BIG smoke) RC233. Identical cigars, two different sizes. I'm pretty sure these are either AT or just under $20.

Davidoff "6 star" Robusto Intenso. These came out in 2005 and I LOVED them. They were limited so they may be difficult to find but they're worth it, great smoke and a reasonable price. They were $16 five years ago :).

Davidoff also had an aniversario in 2006 or 2007 I think that was a churchill size and had NO label. This was an exceptionally smooth almost too-smooth long-burning smoke but I'm having trouble finding information on it online. It may have been very limited.

Partagas Decadas Limited Reserve camaroon - Another very smooth but full-bodied cigar. I think this is actually the most expensive one listed here. I remember paying something like $22 I think.

I KNOW these are worth smoking, they are the ones I reach for when I'm not looking to experiment.

• Members

+1 on the padron 1964. also if you're looking for a cheaper smoke, padron 3000 maduro is nothing to be scoffed at, and can be had for about 5 bucks.

if you wanna feel it, get a tatuaje cojonu 03.

none of those should be over 20 bucks

I have a lot of "special occasion" go-to cigars. I generally choose a figurado if I have an option, but I've always been a fan of Robusto as well

Padron 1926 or 1964 "Aniversario" figurado (torpedo). Usually runs around $15-$18 depending on the place, might be a bit higher some places.

Tatuaje Reserva RC184 (or if you want a BIG smoke) RC233. Identical cigars, two different sizes. I'm pretty sure these are either AT or just under $20.

Davidoff "6 star" Robusto Intenso. These came out in 2005 and I LOVED them. They were limited so they may be difficult to find but they're worth it, great smoke and a reasonable price. They were $16 five years ago
:)

Davidoff also had an aniversario in 2006 or 2007 I think that was a churchill size and had NO label. This was an exceptionally smooth almost too-smooth long-burning smoke but I'm having trouble finding information on it online. It may have been very limited.

Partagas Decadas Limited Reserve camaroon - Another very smooth but full-bodied cigar. I think this is actually the most expensive one listed here. I remember paying something like $22 I think.

I KNOW these are worth smoking, they are the ones I reach for when I'm not looking to experiment.

Archived