NGPD: New GORM Board Day!

strtdv

• Members

I have to admit, my old board that I made out of a large plank of pine with some bits stuck on was looking a bit like a rat's nest.. :o

5290992199_c121f7c645_z.jpg

So as a fun kinda random Christmas present to myself I got all the bits together to do a GORM build.

I had the basic frame all made and finished with satin polyurethane (I figured it would be much tougher than ordinary paint), but I didn't do the velcro and get it all set up until today.

Here it is:

5290993233_48de30ff13_z.jpg

Quite an improvement I think you'll agree. I plan on replacing the straight jacks with right angle ones next time I'm in a music shop, but it's all working perfectly now.

The only detail is that I need to change the rubber feet with slightly higher ones to make sure the plugs underneath have a little ground clearance (hence the plank of wood at the top end at the moment). It doesn't really come out in the photo, but it's slanted/angled upwards to make stomping on the top row easier.

Best of all is that it frees up some space for an extra pedal or 2.

• Members

Is that a Laney cabinet or the 4 speaker Lionheart? Also what power supply are you using with your board?

It's the Lionheart 2x12 cabinet.

I'm using a cheap power supply I found on ebay, but it does seem to have isolated outputs like the MXR powerblock etc. I've noticed a pretty big reduction in noise since switching to it from a daisy-chain setup. It also lets me run the OCD at 18V, which I much prefer to the 9V.

Archived