new ptmini day - and a micro POG rehouse

dramaticrunner

• Members

the big board is really becoming a pain to transport. don't wanna cart it around during the winter with all the snow either. so i'm gonna trying rocking the ptmini for a while.

going from this (currently on a 28x16 trailer trash)

IMG_9198.jpg

to this

ptmini.jpg

i know my microPOG space saver mod looks stupid, but it gets the job done :thu:

i'm tempted to combine the dual dirt pedal with the mini booster into one 1790 box. then i might be able to fit the fuzz factory on the board.

is it ridiculous to buy another fuzz factory and another turbo tuner so that i don't have to keep moving them back and forth?

• Members

Just curious; how much space did the rehouse save? It looks like another 1590BB from the pics. Good call on the boost and dual drive, though.:thu: For the FF and TT, I would just transfer from board to board. I mean, I'm a broke-ass college student, though, so I couldn't even afford to do it the other way around haha. Plus, you could use the saved money for some more pedals!

Edit: Just noticed the top-mounted jacks on the Micro rehouse.:facepalm:

• Members

it doesn't save a ton of space because it is the same size enclosure. Probably cuts just about an inch, but every bit counts.

I didn't even think to tb the pedal. I don't mind the micro's buffer, so I'll probably just leave it.

I also want to switch everything over to cusack soft touch tb switches, but at 25 bucks a pop, I'm not in a rush

• Members

that creates another problem though. the board is mounted by the jacks and pots, with flying leads to both the pots and the jacks, i'd have to find another way to secure. i really wasn't thinking though when i drilled out the box. i could have probably fit it all in there and only moved the knobs and led down a 1/4 inch or so.

i'll probably re-house. unpainted is what i had laying around, i'm going for all black =)

You could have disconnected the pots and ran wires to them so that they'd be in the proper locations.

Top mounted jacks are cool though.

Archived