Problem: Eventide PitchFactor & Voodoo Lab Ground Control

tonaldeath

• Members

Is there anyone who can tell me what to do here.

I admit I'm a bit new to midi, so bear with me.

I want to set up the Ground Control and GCX Audio Switcher to control my pitchfactor.

Basically I need to know how to run the connections. The GCX Audio Switcher gets connected to the Ground Control via 5-pin midi cable

GCX MIDI IN --> Ground Control MIDI OUT

What do I do with the pitchfactor?

Any help is immensely appreciated.

• Members

Yeah, that's right GalStar. I Had a ground control - 2x gxc combo sending midi to a timefactor and modfactor in my rack's last incarnation.

Once you've made those connections, you need to go into the menus of both the ground control and the pitchfactor. On the Ground control, go to device name/channel, put in the pitchfactor's name and choose a midi channel. If it's all you're controlling might as well make it channel 1. That means that when you're editing each preset, the pitchfactor will be right there and you can just type in the patch number to put it to the right sound.

Then go to the pitchfactor and make sure it's midi recieve channel is set to 1 by finding the appropriate menu.

If you've not already done it, I'd really read both the Ground control and GCX manuals - unless you know how to do this sort of stuff they're going to be kinda wasted ;)

Hope that helps anyway man, let me know if you get stuck with anything!

• Members

You guys were right. Thanks so much!

Also for any PF user who choose to go this route... The Ground Control automatically assumes that the MIDI programs are starting at 1 for any MIDI device you hook up. The PitchFactor starts their programs at 0, so you have to tell the Ground Control that, or everything will be one digit off. They tell you how on pg. 7 of the Ground Control manual. It took me a bit to figure that out, but now everything is going smoothly, and {censored} this set-up {censored}ing rules. :love:

EDIT: Also, word to the wise... the GCX actually connects to the Ground Control via the GCX's "PEDAL IN" (which is not a standard MIDI IN). The PEDAL IN sends 9v phantom power through the two unused midi pins, so don't hook up anything to that input that can't accept phantom power, or you could royally {censored} it up.

• Members

I was thinking of finally setting up my M9 to receive midi from the gcx... I'm scared it's going to be a lot of work but in the end be totally worth it. I remember seeing the thread a month ago about getting the gcx and ground control pro.. did you get the ridiculously cheap one in plymouth??! The guy sold them 5 minutes before I emailed him :mad::cry:

Archived