Pedalboard Suggestion?

schiz

• Members

So I have been stockpiling quite a few pedals of late. For what reason, I dont know as of yet. :lol:

I have been looking over some of you folk's boards on the "Post Your Pedal board" thread.

Some of you guys have either a hell of a lot of cash, or an awesome SugarMama. :D

My question is this; can you, or do you, have any suggestions on a small(ish) powered pedal board I can

check into that will hold 10, or less, pedals that is decent quality? Preferably on the cheap. :whisper:

• Members

There is a saying here in Turkey, "Only a rich man can afford to buy cheap things." Save up and get a PedalTrain Junior or PT-1 and a Voodoo labs pedal power +

I kind of have to agree here. The Gator PB's are just more of a band aid. When I worked in a music store we would sell those and then customers would come back because the velcro would come unglued from the board. Gator was great about replacing them, but it was kind of a PITA for the customer. You definitely get what you pay for w/ those boards. I have a PedalTrain and couldn't be happier w/ it and the case.

• Members
Back that hyperbole up. Why so?

I have owned 2 different PT's, dont get me wrong...It's not like they are garbage.

They are however, just a metal frame.

I prefer the flexibilty of stagering pedal shelves however I like, routing power or patch cables underneath where they are not seen from again, the ability to have a power strip hidden away for those pedals a normal 9v supply wont work for.

Not to mention the patch pad for super easy signal routing.

It is it's own (built like a tank) roadcase. The only real downside, it weighs half a ton.

But hey, PT's are very sturdy hunks of metal, if that's what you prefer :idk:

• Members

Only $110 with the power supply

I will highly recommend this. Although I cannot speak to the power supply, I have the larger version of the board (exactly the same, but mine didn't come with the power supply as I already had one). I love mine. It is a little restrictive in that I can't add a different power supply (it's too low to fit the popular options underneath).

• Members

I kind of have to agree here. The Gator PB's are just more of a band aid. When I worked in a music store we would sell those and then customers would come back because the velcro would come unglued from the board. Gator was great about replacing them, but it was kind of a PITA for the customer. You definitely get what you pay for w/ those boards. I have a PedalTrain and couldn't be happier w/ it and the case.

I must admit that the velcro on mine is starting to come up... after about five years of use and abuse. :cop: Still very satisfied with it.

• Members
Only $110 with the power supply

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-GPTPWR-Powered-Pedal-Tote-Pedalboard-with-Carry-Bag?sku=546157

I have to say that is more than Im really looking for but it will do everything I need it to. I guess I could of mentioned the board will probably never leave my house as I am not in a band nor do I have the notion to be in one. I just want a way to organize my {censored}. :lol:

Archived