EarthQuaker Chrysalis?

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

I bought one a few months ago. It only stayed on my board for a week. That is not to say its bad at all. Like every other EQD pedal I've tried, its top notch quality. It is a very unique(IMO) voicing with plenty of output. I felt the knobs had a lot of adjustment ability even though the overall range of adjustment is small. It just wasn't what I was looking for at the time. If you want to be able to get many Thin Lizzy style tones, this is your box.

Also, ask Yarbicus. I sold it to him.

• Members

I bought one a few months ago. It only stayed on my board for a week. That is not to say its bad at all. Like every other EQD pedal I've tried, its top notch quality. It is a very unique(IMO) voicing with plenty of output. I felt the knobs had a lot of adjustment ability even though the overall range of adjustment is small. It just wasn't what I was looking for at the time. If you want to be able to get many Thin Lizzy style tones, this is your box.

Also, ask Yarbicus. I sold it to him.

Very interesting. I would be doing a lower gain type of thing, neck or neck/middle (Les Paul) pickups... you think it could handle that without getting all muddy?

• Members

I have one and I have to admit that it's not a pedal that's going to bump anything off my board. Everything that has been said about it is true, great solid pedal but you really have to want the specific sound (mid range, bass roll off). The gain on it is great but it really shines when it's cranked and not at lower settings.

Archived