TX802 / DX7 Cartridges

mondrian76

• Members

Hello.

I'm the new owner of an old (mint condition) Yamaha TX802. :)

I ask who can tell me what cartridges were made for this synth. I know thai're the same for DX7 keyboard, and i know some cartridges need an adaptor, witch i already have.

After some search in google only find info about the RAM4 cart.

Is there any list / demos??

Daniel

• Members

I think most of the sounds have already been dumped to Sysex (System Exclusive) format but which ones were on the cartridge and which weren't - no idea.

http://www.thedx7.co.uk/ has a list of ROM cartridges but those were the standard ones. On eBay I've seen some of the "special" rare ones that were apparently only sold in Japan, but those prices get a bit too high.

Congrats on finding the adapter by the way! It's not hard to dump sysex, but just putting a cartridge in there is even easier.

• Members

The RAM cartridges are different for the mkI (DX7) and mkII (DX7II/DX7S/TX802). You can get an adapter to fit the mkI cartridges in a mkII unit, but that's best suited for copying old patches off. If you want a RAM cart to save patches on an '802, you'll want to get the RAM4 cart.

Since you have the adapter, you should be able to pop in any mkI or mkII cartridge that has patches on it and use them on your '802.

Archived