Particuarily pleased with tonight's jam (audio within)

tape

• Members

So yeah, been practicing like a mofo since the weekend in preperation for Saturday's ambient/drone/electroacoustic gig. Haven't played seriously since november so am a little rusty! Sunday sucked. Monday had some neat ideas but still sucked. Yesterday was a bit better (some structure, hurray!). But tonight was especially awesome! Not without issues and mistakes (and I'm still experimenting), but I'm not far off I think.

Setup is "just" guitar, bow, ebow, various delays, ODs, distortions, bitcrushers, loopers and whatnot, the kalimba/mbira, and nord modular. I'm really digging the alesis nanoverb by the way! I use it often as a looper (the ebow bloomy drone at the start and end). There are moments of nothingness and I hope to have those shortened after a bit of practice.

Still figuring out where I'm gonna put the 4-5 minutes of sampled monologue.

I also found out I don't really need rosin on the bow if I crank the gain up enough.

EDIT - see below

• Members

Hey Tape how did the electric cello work out? Did you ever record any cellists playing it? I know you use it mostly for the drone stuff but I'd like to hear one being played more 'conventionally'.

This stuff is sweet btw.

I still occasionally use it on my own. Not super confident with it yet, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Great stuff as always, tape. What kinda venues are those. Coffee shops? Bars? What kind of promotion do you do for your shows? My noise group has played some pretty interesting spots, with interesting folks in attendance to say the least. I realize its not mainstream, but it would be nice to hit a bit larger demographic.

• Members

Great stuff as always, tape. What kinda venues are those. Coffee shops? Bars? What kind of promotion do you do for your shows? My noise group has played some pretty interesting spots, with interesting folks in attendance to say the least. I realize its not mainstream, but it would be nice to hit a bit larger demographic.

yeah I often play at coffee shop type places. sometimes bars. occasionally art galleries (as is in the case in the first picture).

the other pics were taken at this place:

http://www.casadelpopolo.com/contents/casadelpopolo

cafe/restauraunt/bar/venue place who are super open to weirder music! good crowd

• Members

Ah, oops. Hadn't seen your previous answer.

I hear you about lack of venues.
:cry:
I used to live in Quebec City which had a nearly zero experimental community.

Yep, it sucks.

Do you sell alot of music online? How's the market for this kind of music?

Archived