Mopho Bass Demo

plaid_emu

• Members

You're most welcome.

Kind of cheesy and generic but I thought it did a good job of showcasing what it's capable of. It's just some stock Stylus RMX grooves and some Mopho presets I tweaked a little. I used Ableton Live, an Ashly line mixer and a RME FF400 for conversion.

• Members

I appreciate the kind words, C-Rock. I spent around 2.5 - 3 hours on it over the weekend trying to get a pretty decent range of styles and bass sounds. It made the Matrixsynth blog and I also sent it to Dave Smith in case he wants to upload it on the audio section of the DSI website.

I'm kinda surprised there's only two responses to this thread. We've got like 5 pages here about some dudes broken Xbox and his loyalty to Microsoft but nobody wants to talk about the killer tones comin' from this cheap-ass Mopho!?!

This is a synth forum, right? ;)

• Members

This is a synth forum indeed, but apparently some people like the drama...

Other demos were cool because people like to push the limits of any synth they have, so the sounds can be a bit far-out, but yours was particularly useful to me because it shows the Mopho being programmed for sounds that I'd actually use. I LOVE those really deep clean sounds, and hadn't heard them from the Mopho before. That's why I appreciate what you did.

• Members

Thanks for posting this.

I'd appreciate it if folks could throw together some more demos of the Mopho's capabilities as a percussion synth. I'd consider getting one if it could cover my lust for analog kicks, as a more full-featured alternative to the mBase01.

• Members

Heheh well, I'm not sold on the MoPho just yet. I didn't especially like the Evolver and I'm not all that desperate for another monophonic synth. But since it's got a very attractive price, it's on my analog drum radar (with the added bonus of being able to go a lot further, primarily as a bass synth to free up a slot on my monomachine for other tastiness). It's still behind the Jomox, though, and I might end up saving to get a used Vermona DRM anyway. :thu:

• Members

It IS a very good demo. To be honest, though, I get very similar sounds out of my PEK so I'm not inclined to pick one of these up. If he makes a keyboard'd version then I may go for that, though.

Problem is that lately there have been a lot of "smartest-guys-in-the-room" exchanges around here when it comes to synths. What a turn off. I fully expect someone to take exception to my position that the PEK with its two digital oscillators gets similar sounds to the MoPho with its subs. I would love for some of the clinical types to post some music that showcases their opinions - but I'd accept just some sound demos. I don't expect either, though.

• Members

Problem is that lately there have been a lot of "smartest-guys-in-the-room" exchanges around here when it comes to synths. What a turn off. I fully expect someone to take exception to my position that the PEK with its two digital oscillators gets similar sounds to the MoPho with its subs. I would love for some of the clinical types to post some music that showcases their opinions - but I'd accept just some sound demos. I don't expect either, though.

If anyone took exception to your position that the PEK can get similar sounds to the Mopho then they'd be an idiot. Whether or not it can recreate the sound of sub-oscillators sufficiently well remains to be seen though. Whether you care or not is another matter again.

Urbanscallywag posted a demo in the other Mopho thread highlighting the difference in sound between a sub-osc and octave layered oscs. Now we need someone to try and program in the sound of phase locked sub-oscs on the Evolver and compare to the Mopho. I'm definitely willing. I don't have an Evolver anymore so i'd just need someone to send me one along with a Mopho. :thu:

• Members

I really appreciate all the compliments and encouragement. I just felt I had to make it. All the demos I've heard so far are more than excellent, but there weren't enough showcasing the suboscillators which are a BIG selling point for the Mopho.

Until plaid_emu has time for a better one, here are a few (kind of) lead sounds

Ha! No need for me to do one now. Yours is pretty damn wicked. :thu:

Also, I'm not much into fancy "lead" sounds. They rarely make it in my music. I'm more into evolving drones and tightly quantized percussive sequences.

• Members

As far as the Evolver Vs. Mopho......

They're just too different to compare in my opinion. Can they both sound similar? Sure but they can also sound RADICALLY different and each machine can do sounds the other cannot.

To me it's kind of like the difference between a Monomachine and Machinedrum. You can have one or the other and you'll love either one....... but you know you WANT BOTH! :lol:

Archived