GAS-Inducing utility

Logicat

• Members

Hi people,

Xmas time is incoming, and i needed a tool to help me making my GAS condition even worse :lol:

So i developed a computer program to get this result, and i'm going to share it with all those of you who want to waste their precious time. This software works in a very simple way : it shows to you any combination of 2, 3 or 4 items, fetched from an editable list, which sum up to the maximum amount of money you can invest, even with a visual feedback for better GAS tuning :p Download and installation are totally free and totally at your own risk, since i developed this during office time :facepalm:

Get the compressed setup file at :

http://www.logicat-anime.com/parky/synth_selector.zip

Unzip and install it in any folder you like, then enter the software's folder (normally c:logicat); there are 2 executable files, called 'listy' and 'synsel'. Run the first, you get a pre-compiled list like this :

listy.jpg

You must edit this list by placing the wanted synth-related item's name in the 'Synname' column, then put the item's price in the 'Synprice' column. If you want a visual feedback, you can even enter the filename of the item's picture in the 'Picture' column (include the '.jpg' extension). These files MUST be placed in the PICS subfolder (placed inside the main program's folder), must be in JPG format and have the size of 305x125 pixels.

Use the key combinations CTRL+Y and CTRL+T to add a new item or remove the currently selected item from the list (a black square appears at the leftmost column). Ignore the 'Expense' and 'Fetchable' columns.

Exit the list with the ESC key once finished.

Then run the 'Synsel' executable file. A similar table appears (with only 1 editable row), asking for the maximum amount of money you can spend.

Type the value and press ENTER to confirm (value must be selected in blue after editing), then press ESC.

At this point, the program will start calculating the combinations, after which you'll end up with the actual report :

demopic.jpg

Each row is a combo, the rightmost column shows the expense for that combo. Use the "print preview" floating toolbar to navigate through the pages. Note that no output is shown if not a single combo consisting of at least 2 items is possible for the amount of money you put in (in other words, you're too poor :lol:).

Sorry Mac users, this is for PC people only.

Ok, now i've to decide if spending 1230 Euros for an used Supernova 2 pro rack + a brand new RemoteSL 61 is a worthy purchase...:facepalm:

Archived