Aquavibe in the mail

stratrulz

• Members

Man, 12 months goes by fast!? I wasn't expecting to have to pay that much for some time, but oh well. I've been wanting a vibe for some time, tried one of those Lovepedal "Vibe" pedals, the newer black one from PGS and it wasn't so hot. It made a pop noise, that didn't go away, and the vibe wasn't that thick. I hope this will be the ticket. Having owned an early, black CC2 looooooooong ago, I wish I had kept that pedal.

Anyone else love the vibe?

:cool:

• Members

The vibe in the Captain Coconut is the best vibe I've ever played.

I agree, I hear its basically the same vibe? I hope so! The "phaser like" vibes are cool but just don't have the dept that the Aquavibe, Sixties Vibe, etc. have. The Lovepedal was o.k. but for a "phaser vibe", I actually preferred the BBE Soul Vibe to it.

• Members

cool. i have cheap moen ulite that i am using......loves the fuzz. i may spring for a sweetsound mojo-vibe later or maybe roger's. first i want to try a octave fuzz. tje moen is thick and has a lot of bottom , i get some neet trower type stuff out it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Aquavibe arrived a few days ago. Just as amazing as I remembered (having originally owned a CC2). Very liquid. The phaser types just don't get this lush. I still don't understand what to do with the vibe setting, I usually recognize the chorus setting as the "real" vibe setting. It's the one that sounds like Hendrix, Trower and SRV, the actual "vibe" setting sounds like the tremolo in a Fender amp (which isn't really a tremolo, like say a tremolo on an Ampeg or Vox, it's a vibe, and I just don't vibe with that vibe). Pedal gets some sick Curtis Mayfield tones with the muff and OD. I saw a used Fulltone Deja Vibe Mini in a local GC, I might just buy it just to do a further comparison?

Archived