It's here, it's here, oh JOY !!!!

augerinn

• Members

My Obie Matrix 1000 arrived today. I won't post any pics cuz it's just a black box with an LED and some knobs and push buttons.

That said, OMFG !!!! I am extremely pleased with this purchase ! Big, fat, warm, and it responds to AT. Even in MONO w/o FX, it sounds Big. Running it through my Wavestation A/D fattens it up even more.

I've always wanted an Obie, now I know why.

Between this, my Juno 60, and JX-3P, I think I have all the analog I'll ever need.....Even if they are DCOs.

• Members

My Obie Matrix 1000 arrived today. I won't post any pics cuz it's just a black box with an LED and some knobs and push buttons.

That said, OMFG !!!! I am extremely pleased with this purchase ! Big, fat, warm, and it responds to AT. Even in MONO w/o FX, it sounds Big. Running it through my Wavestation A/D fattens it up even more.

I've always wanted an Obie, now I know why.

Between this, my Juno 60, and JX-3P, I think I have all the analog I'll ever need.....Even if they are DCOs.

Congrats. :-) It's a nice little box, I love mine. Are you planning on getting an editor?

-D

• Members

My first ever analog was a Juno-60, followed soon by a Matrix-6R. Lots of good sounds to be had with those two. In my opinion, the Matrix sounds better than a Prophet '08. I just wish it had all the knobs.

• Members

In my opinion, the Matrix sounds better than a Prophet '08.

Wow! That's quite an endorsement. I almost bought a Matrix 1000 2 or 3 times. I'd still love to get a 6R.

Congrats Augerinn. Sounds like you found your synth.

• Members

Are the presets any good?

Well, there are 1000 :)

And yes, "good" is subjective. But to my ears, they are very good.

So far , I've auditioned quite a few. Nice Pink Floyd like brass, warm Juno type strings, nasty synch leads with AT feedback , Moog type brass (think Funeral for a Friend), crazy FX with delayed portemento, simulated echoed patches for sequenced type stuff, the list goes on.

I just can't get over how big and powerful this thing sounds. Nothing thin or brittle like my old ION. VA just don't cut it for me.

I don't need Rompler for synth patches anymore. There's nothing like real synthesis. And I'm no longer GASSING for the SR-JV80-04 Vintage Synth card. Hell, I ain't gassing for nuthin right now. (That will change, I'm sure).

I'll post pics when my daughter returns. She has the camera.

I'm a bit jazzed, can you tell ?

*{censored}in A, an OBIE !!!!! *

*does little dance*

Archived