I know I'm not the only one..

ChrisTUFFer

• Members

who prefers Fenders for high gain or heavy music. I can't quite pry myself from my tele when it comes to heavy stuff. I used to play LTDs loaded with EMGs through a 5150 but once I got my tele they got quickly sold off. Anybody else prefer a Fender? Set up?

[video=youtube;mpuPa5mpgjI]

One of my favorites bands uses a 72 Telecaster Deluxe,I miss watching them live before the broke up.

• Members

i remember seeing the Jonbenet in a {censored}ty, tiny venue in Waxahachie Texas a few years ago. was a fun show. i like my 72 Tele Deluxe for heavier stuff too, but i've swapped out the pickups and it's even better. sounds better and more clear than my brother's ibanezs and jacksons.

• Members

i remember seeing the Jonbenet in a {censored}ty, tiny venue in Waxahachie Texas a few years ago. was a fun show. i like my 72 Tele Deluxe for heavier stuff too, but i've swapped out the pickups and it's even better. sounds better and more clear than my brother's ibanezs and jacksons.

Ah really what did you swap them out for? I have a bareknuckle bridge here and one in the mail that are going to be placed into mine as soon as it arrives. Im just having trouble finding bridge saddles for it, the stock ones kinda dig into my palm.

• Members

Ah really what did you swap them out for? I have a bareknuckle bridge here and one in the mail that are going to be placed into mine as soon as it arrives. Im just having trouble finding bridge saddles for it, the stock ones kinda dig into my palm.

i got a handwired P90 neck and humbucker bridge from local guy, his website's textonepickups.com. great stuff for sure. i don't really like the saddles on these tele's either, but i can deal with it. i just hated the stock pickups. i also switched the pots to 500k's and got better quality caps and a better jack socket and the guitar sounds so much better. running a set of 11-54's it gets super beefy.

Archived