Paging DelayedDelay! (Powering Eventide & Strymon)

• Members

Well, I currently only have one of the two on my board, but I'm running it fine off the PP2+, I have both the high current outputs 5/6 doubled together in parallel to power my Timefactor, along with a reverse polarity L6 adapter. You might be able to use the current doubler on output 5 and one of the lower output ones. That'd get you like 350ma I think. The timefactor I know needs a bare minimum of 300ma, so one output isn't enough by itself, and it can sometimes eat more than that, so I give it both the high current outputs just in case. You probably be ok to use say 4/5 for the Eventide and 6 for the Strymon.

• Members

I've got a 6" extension cord running from the courtesy outlet of my PP2+ to the SPACE's power supply under my board. It's all pretty clean looking thanks to some sticky mounts and zip ties. Then I'm running the Superdelay off of input #5 ... which will become the TimeLine once that's available. Hopefully that'll work the same way. :fingers crossed:

• Members

I've got a 6" extension cord running from the courtesy outlet of my PP2+ to the SPACE's power supply under my board. It's all pretty clean looking thanks to some sticky mounts and zip ties. Then I'm running the Superdelay off of input #5 ... which will become the TimeLine once that's available. Hopefully that'll work the same way. :fingers crossed:

Ohhhhh ok.

So I could run TimeFactor power supply under and Strymon off one of the high-power plugs on the PP2+.

Makes sense. I'll try that. Thanks for the post.

Still wondering if I could power both straight from it... anyone else?

• Members

Doubtful. That's wayyy too much draw, I think. The dip switch set away from normal on #5 or 6 will get you more current, but pulling extra voltage from both is ill-advised. I typically leave the open slot empty... or with something like a tuner if I have to.

• Members

Ohhhhh ok.

So I could run TimeFactor power supply under and Strymon off one of the high-power plugs on the PP2+.

Makes sense. I'll try that. Thanks for the post.

Still wondering if I could power both straight from it... anyone else?

Don't think it's possible. You need both outputs 5+6 to run just the Eventide, no remaining outlet on it is capable of running a Strymon simaltaneously.

The courtesy AC outlet will be fine for either, just use the adapter, however, it's not isolated and could lead to noise, probably fine though.

Archived